Criminal Defense Attorneys - Orlando

Criminal Defense Information for Friends and Family

Criminal Defense Information for Friends and Family


Nothing can be more stressful and turbulent than the incarceration of a family member or loved one.  At Brown & Rice, PA we understand this and are here to assist you through the process.  We understand the sense of urgency, the feeling of loss, and the financial impact that the removal of these valuable people has on your life.  Our practice revolves around the concept of treating our clients like family.  We truly care about you and them, and we are here to help.


Our Attorneys are former state prosecutors with criminal trial experience.  This means that they have been on the other side of the coin, representing the state in the prosecution of cases very similar to the one you may be connected to right now.  Allow this experience to work for you.


The first few moments of any case are by far the most crucial.  Allow the experienced attorneys at Brown & Rice, PA to use the law to fully protect the rights of your loved one who has found themselves behind bars.  Call us today to at (407) 956-2172 schedule a confidential consultation.


My friend for family member was arrested and I don't know what to do.

Call our experienced criminal lawyers. We'll be happy to discuss your situation and give you some information about the process for your particular case. Every case is unique and often it's important to act fast to minimize the negative effects of an arrest. We handle cases throughout central Florida and we'll be here to help you though this tough time. Call (407) 956-2172 or (386) 202-2044.


How to Bail Someone Out of Jail

If your loved one has been arrested, chances are you want to get them out of jail as soon as possible. For most charges, bail is set automatically based on the the type of case. For arrest warrant cases, the judge who signed the warrant will set a bail amount. The following charges, however, generally do not automatically have bail set: Domestic Violence Charges, Life Felonies, Other Felonies Punishable by Life, Fleeing and Attempting to Elude a Police Officer, Sexual Offenses.

If bail is set, you may bail your friend or family member out of jail one of two ways: posting a cash bond or using a bondsman.


If you post a cash bond, you must deposit the entire amount of the bond with the Clerk of Court. The Clerk holds your deposit until the case is closed and returns the funds to you less any unpaid court costs and fines. If the accused violates any conditions of bond or fails to appear to court, your deposit will be forfeited and a warrant (or capias) will be issued to rearrest the accused.


If you use a bondsman, you pay the bondsman a percentage (generally 10%) of the bond amount.  The bondsman then promises to pay the court the full amount of the bond if the defendant violates bond conditions or fails to appear for court.  At the conclusion of the case, you do not get your money back. Additionally, bondsman may require collateral for some bonds and you will be "on-the-hook" to pay the bondsman the entire bond if the defendant's bond is forfeited by the court for any reason.


To set up your confidential consultation with one of our Orlando and  criminal defense lawyers, give us a call at (407) 956-2172, or contact us online.


Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.


Criminal Defense Information

for Friends and Family